I am a proud member of Influenster.
I’ve posted about the amazing VoxBoxes and perks that I’ve gotten as a member – like makeup and lotions, coffee and treats, all sorts of things!
But you might be wondering what Influenster actually is, and what I do. It’s an amazing website where you can review products, stores, restaurants, and so much more.
You can search for products and see what others have to say. If you’re curious while you’re out shopping, you can use the Influenster app to scan a barcode on a product and immediately get reviews on it! No more indecision in the aisles.
Doing all of these things gets you VoxBoxes and chances for giveaways and prizes. I’ve gotten 3 physical VoxBoxes this year and 6 virtual VoxBoxes, all for doing simple reviews! Just this past week I got $20.00 in giftcards from eBay!
You also get VoxPerks for being a member and answering questions – freebies and discounts and coupons for great online retailers.
And now is your chance to join Influenster and start earning rewards and VoxBoxes! Just follow the link below! And it’s free!
I’m addicted to nail polish and nail art. I fully admit it. But it’s one of my few vices, and relatively harmless (save for my wallet) habit, so I decided I would start sharing my weekly manicures here with other polishaholics! I’ll show you some of the thinngs that I can do, my favorite places to find designs, and tell you where to find what I use.
I was feeling winter this week, so I went with a blue and snow theme. I used two brushes and a dotting tool for my work, plus my Muji .38 gel pens for decorations. I’m relatively new to using the gel pens, but it’s so much fun to add those little extra touches that make a HUGE difference.
Look at the detail on this snowman!
Background blue: Orly in Snowcone
Glitter topcoat: Essie Luxe Effects in Pure Pearlfection
Snow color: Julep in Bunny
Come back next week – I’ve got something special planned for Christmas!
If there is something I like more than Mac & Cheese, I don’t know what it is. It is a staple of our household. Tender pasta, creamy, cheesy sauce, and a crunchy, buttery top is a little piece of heaven for me, especially when it is fresh out of my own kitchen.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the stuff in the blue box. You’re never too old for that. But this six cheese version will change how you look at typical Mac & Cheese. I make it for holidays and sometimes just for dinner. It’s great with a side of peas.
Try it and let me know what you think!
Six Cheese Mac & Cheese
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni or shells
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of butter, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 4 ounces of Velveeta, cubed
- 1 cup mild cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup Colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 Ritz crackers, crushed
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil and add pasta. Cook 10 minutes. Strain pasta and set aside
- Melt one stick of butter over medium heat. Add milk and stir.
- Add cubed Velveeta and cream cheese to milk and butter mix and stir until melted
- Add the mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, and colby jack and stir until melted
- Lightly beat the two eggs and add to the cheese mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat
- Butter a large casserole dish and add the cooked pasta
- Pour fully melted cheese mixture over the pasta and stir
- Melt two tablespoons of butter and combine with the mozzarella, parmesan and Ritz crackers. Sprinkle mixture over the pasta.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes
This Mac and Cheese is super cheesy, extra creamy, and absolutely delicious.
Through October 31st, you can hit up your local Starbucks for a $3.00 Grande Frappuccino after 3pm!
Try the Pumpkin Spice, or their Limited Edition Franken Frappuccino – a minty, chocolately blend!
I’m so proud to be taking part in the Fight Like a Girl Blog Hop! This is a great group of ladies, and I’ve throughly enjoyed getting to know them!
My giveaway for the Hop is fall themed. As much as I love warm weather, the sounds and scents of fall are wonderful. I look forward to the season when I can bring out my apple and pumpkin scented candles!
This giveaway will land you a Leaves scented candle, Cranberry Harvest hand soap, and a bottle of Honeycrisp Apple & Buttered Rum hand lotion (Retail Price $15.00) . The lotion is probably my favorite – it smells amazing!
I hope you enjoy it!
To enter, just leave a comment on this post about what YOUR favorite fall scent is! If you like the giveaway and what you see here, please come like us on Facebook! The Happy Idiot on Facebook
Welcome to the first annual “Fight Like a Girl” Blog hop
Brought to you by
Blogging, Freebies & Giveaways
Up All Night BloggingWe are a community of bloggers that love throwing giveaways and bringing you amazing prizes! Each blogger on the list below has a minimum value of $10 but most giveaways exceed that limit! Be sure to “hop” along to each blog and enter to win some amazing prizes there is no limit to how many prizes you can win! please don’t forget sharing is caring! Let your friends in on the fun!
Thank you for stopping by and Good luck!
It’s National Coffee Day!
That means you can pick up some of your favorite brews for a huge discount, or even free!
Check out these places!
Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, Wawa, Kangaroo Express, Krispy Kreme and more!
One of our favorite meals is a throw back to my days in college. My roommate and I discovered this dish during our sophomore year of college, and it is still a favorite of mine today.
Kraft Deluxe Mac and Cheese is something you will find in any college student’s pantry, but it is SO MUCH better (if that can be believed) when you mix in some meat and vegetables. It is enough for four servings, so we could eat for two nights on this.
Now that I’m married, my husband and I like to make this on nights when we’re tired.
Chicken, Cheese ‘N Peas Skillet
One box of Kraft Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese
1/2 cup of canned peas
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
4 cups of water
2 cups of milk
1. Take a large saucepan and boil four cups of water. Add the macaroni and cook as per the box’s direction.
2. In another lightly oiled skillet, cook the two chicken breasts for about five minutes on each side, medium heat, until cooked through. Chop into cubes and set aside.
3. Add the cheese sauce and two cups of milk to the cooked pasta. Stir until coated and take off the heat.
4. Stir in the canned peas and chicken and serve!
We also love this meal with bacon thrown in as well! Try it with your favorite meat or vegetable. It’s a great way to slip them in if you have some picky eaters in your house.
My favorite part of this meal is the price.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Kraft Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese: $1.50
- Canned Peas: $0.79
- 6 oz Chicken Breasts: $2.00
That’s a grand total of $4.29. or $1.07 a serving!